Increase Sales for 2014
A recent poll of agents indicates they are expecting their life insurance policy sales to increase over the next 12 months. Among the survey respondents, 28.1 percent said they expect their life insurance sales to increase substantially and 44.6 percent said their sales should increase somewhat.
When the agents were asked how they plan on increasing their life insurance sales in 2014, here are the tip responses:
1. Harnessing tax worries. Consumers are concerned over possible tax increases to pay for such government programs as Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, etc. Life insurance offers tax favored treatment with its income tax-free death benefits, tax-deferred cash value growth and tax-favored access to cash values through withdrawals.
2. Smart marketing. Agents will try seminar selling along with showing how life insurance policies are a part of retirement planning.
3. Strategic partnerships with professional associations, financial planners, etc. can help agents establish new relationships to boost policy sales.
4. Finding new clients by expanding into new markets. The most anticipated new market is that of the new homeowners since the housing market is rebounding in many areas.
5. Working harder. The #1 reason agents cited for expected sales growth was better focus, goal setting and time management techniques.